You Will Be Shocked To Know How Non-Veg Impacts Our Body
Advantages and disadvantages of non-veg food
Currently a lot of talking is going on about vegetarian foods and turning to a vegetarian. While being a vegetarian has its own benefits, it is not surely the only mantra to a good health. Non-veg foods surely have their disadvantages but there are some important advantages too, that should be counted over the vegetarian foods.
If you are a non-vegetarian and planning to turn to a vegetarian first of all it is important for you to be fully aware about the pros as well as the cons of non-veg eating because an informed decision is always the right decision. This article intends to provide you with information about both the advantages and disadvantages of non-veg foods.
Read on and make sure that you take an informed decision about your food habit, as what you eat has a high impact on your health and wellbeing.
Advantages of non-veg foods
Best protein rich foods
- Non-veg foods are high in protein content which is an essential element for smooth functioning and healing of the body. The animal proteins contain all the amino acids, ensuring complete nourishment, which is often lacking in case of most of the plant based proteins. Lack of protein in body can lead to a number of major health complications including weakness, leathery, muscle loss, inability to concentrate and many more. Lack of protein in children can hamper growth and it is also related with the metabolism rate of the body. Including non-veg foods in your diet ensures the supply of high quality protein, which is actually vital for health.
- Non-veg foods, like meat and poultry work as the primary source of iron in the body. Iron is highly important not only to keep blood deficiency at bay but also to ensure smooth functioning of the brain. People who do not eat non-vegetarian diet, are at much higher risk of suffering from iron deficiency, which can be deadly for the health and well being of any one.
- Calcium is a very important mineral for human body as it works as the main constituents of the skeletal system as well as the teeth. Non-veg foods contain a much higher amount of calcium than vegetarian foods, and hence people having non-veg foods regularly are least likely to suffer from calcium deficiency compared to the vegetarians.
- Apart from iron and calcium, non-veg foods are also rich in minerals like Zinc, Selenium and B vitamins, which are vital for smooth functioning of the different systems of the body. By including non-vegetarian foods in your diet, you can simply ensure that you run a much lesser chance of suffering from the deficiency of these vital minerals and vitamins.
Best calcium rich foods
- Discarding non-veg foods from your diet can easily give rise to vitamin and mineral deficiencies in your body which can lead to a range of health issues like fatigue, depression, sleep disorders as well as slow recovery from diseases. Deficiency of vitamins and minerals can also result into weakening of the immunity system, which will naturally make you prone to infections and diseases.
- Some other advantages of non-vegetarian foods include, there are plenty of options in non-veg foods. Non-vegs are more satisfying for the taste buds; they are even easier to cook. Non-vegetarian foods can be actually helpful to make you feel more satiated for longer. They work as the one stop source of most of the nutrients that your body needs.
Having discussed the advantages of non-veg food in smooth functioning of the body and to keep the vitamin and mineral deficiencies at bay, now let us move to the disadvantages of non-veg foods.
Disadvantages of non-veg foods
- Recent studies have linked non-veg food consumption to increased risk of cancer. Scientists have made it clear that consuming meat in your daily diet can work as one of the primary triggers of cancer.
- Consumption of high amount of non-veg foods, particularly red meat, can also work as one of the primary reasons for an increased blood pressure and more risk of heart ailments. The cholesterol present in red meat works as a major reason to clog the arteries which increases blood pressure and also adds to the risk of heart attack.
Best anti-inflammatory foods
- Eating non-veg foods often work as one of the primary reasons of many digestive problems. Digesting the high amount of protein present in non-veg diet is a difficult task for the digestive system, and unless the system is at its peak it can be really difficult for the system to cope with it. Non-veg eating are also linked with problems like constipation and acidity, which can result into other complications as well.
- Scientists have pointed out the fact that non-veg food habit can lead to reduction in the lifespan. In a study, scientists have found that vegetarians tend to live a longer life than the non-vegetarians.
- Eating animal based foods regularly has also been linked with weight gain and obesity. Meat is high in protein and often works as one of the major reasons for gaining quick weight. Studies have shown that people who eat meat are more likely to put on weight within a span of five years compared to the people who do not consume meat.
- It is very easy for the non-veg eaters to go over board and to have more protein than it is actually needed by their body, which can produce many conditions and can increase the risk of many diseases to a great extent.
- The way of farming of the animals that are consumed as major non-veg items are often unhygienic. The farms not only use low quality food to feed the livestock’s but often feed them foods that are high in antibiotic content, in order to keep the cattle’s disease free. These antibiotics can pass on to the body of the meat eaters easily, resulting into antibiotic resistance in the body which can be highly harmful.
Top iron high foods
While there are both advantages and disadvantages of non-veg foods, the same goes true for the plant based foods. The plant foods can be easy to digest, but they often lack all the essential amino acids, which can result into severe deficiencies in the body. Moreover, plant based foods also lack many vitamins and minerals and hence when you are shifting to vegetarian diet, it is important that you plan your daily diet very carefully so that there is no deficiency and you actually consume a diet that is well balanced and can meet all the needs of your body.
Including more of pulses, beans, dairy products and lots of vegetables like broccoli, spinach, kale along with fresh fruits and dry fruits can help you to get all the nutrition that your body needs even from a vegetarian diet. Another important point that you should keep in mind while planning to shift to a vegetarian diet from a non-veg one is that, shifting to a veg diet will be accepted by your digestive system in a great way, but once you become a vegetarian, getting back to non-veg will be really difficult as over time your digestive system will lose the efficiency to deal with the high protein and nutrient filled non-veg foods. So, consider both pros and cons along with how you can manage them in your daily life before taking the right decision about your diet.
Video: Disadvantages of non veg food
This Simple Makeup Hack Can Give You Clearer, Smoother Skin
How to Wear Black Lipstick
How to Buy Acidophilus
Is It Bad For Your Brain If You Literally Never Eat Fish
The Shoe Industrys 1 Secret for Making Heels More Comfortable
50 Tribal Owl Tattoo Designs For Men – Masculine Ink Ideas
Your Complete Horoscope For August 2019
Summer Skin Problems Skin Glow Fair Skin Summer Problems In Hindi
Top 11 Best Soap Bars For Men – Scrub For Morning Success
The reason why flaxseeds will lower your blood pressure
The secret behind Tyson Fury’s seven stone weight loss