How to learn Gatka | ਗੱਤਕਾ ਸਿੱਖੋ | ਨਮਸ਼ਕਾਰੀ ਪੈਂਤੜਾ | lesson #1 | Gatka Talent Hunt
How to Learn Gatka
Gatka is the name of an Indian traditional martial art associated with the Sikhs history. it is a style of fighting with swords and wooden sticks. The Punjabi nameGatkarefers to the stick that is used for self-defence. It involves pattern of footwork coupled with defensive skills and focuses on spirit, mind, and body. The present form of Gatka is performed & played in two sub-styles called Rasmi (traditional) and Khel (sport) respectively in the Northern India since 1920. Gatka was generally at public display during religious processions but Gatka Federation of India have taken major initiatives for its revival and promotion by putting this rare martial art into practice as a sport in India and worldwide. It is a humble effort to revive this forgotten and dying art having a historical significance.
Build up your courage.You must be brave enough to practice with real sharp swords while remaining calm.
Watch many videos of Gatka players practicing Gatka on Gatka TV at Youtube.You can do this by going to a this video website, and typing "Gatka Federation",or "Sikh martial art Gatka".
Ask "Gatka Federation" or its affiliated Gatka Associations for free training, Gatka Weapons or Gatka Rules book.You can also approach to a nearest Sikh Gurudwara and ask anyone to tell you about the free Gatka class. Anyone is allowed to go into a Sikh Gurudwara--or the Temple of the Sikhs.
Consider getting a certified coach.It is strongly advised that you should learn Gatka from a certified Gatka coach/trainer who have already learnt the martial art as per rules prescribed by the World Gatka Federation and Gatka Federation of India.
- The Federation certifies the Gatka coaches and referees after exhaustive practical and theory training classes, camps, workshops, refresher courses.
- The Federation conducts certified trainer written tests for the experienced players to certify them as registered Gatka coaches and Referees of the Federation. They successful trainees are handed over smart cards.
- Sikhs are really friendly and respectful, therefore don't hesitate to ask someone for help in learning how to be a good fighter martial artist.
- Learning this martial art is not only good for your protection and fighting ability, it is also helps a lot with the stability of the mind and nerves throughout your body.
- Don't be fooled by the Sikh's identity. Sikhs are NOT Hindu or Muslim, they are Sikhs. Sikhs might look like they are Hindu or Muslim,however they are not, In fact 99% of all people in America who wear turbans are Sikhs.
- If you would like to see very skilled Sikh martial player to perform live, Ask "Gatka Federation" or its affiliated Gatka Associations for free training, Gatka Weapons or Gatka Rules book. You can also approach to a nearest Sikh Gurudwara and ask anyone to tell you about the free Gatka class.
- Ask someone or log on the websites of the Federation to explore when and where the next Gatka tournament will be organised. The tournaments are performed at no entry charge, and anyone who wants to see is welcome.
- There are usually live Gatka tournaments held near Sikh temples or Gurudwaras every year on Sikh holidays such as Baisakhi or Hola Mohalla.
- Whenever you go to a Sikh Gatka tournament, make sure to stay back away from the performers, because the blades are very sharp, and it is possible that something can go wrong.
- Be focused at all times,and you will learn it for sure!
- You must listen and obey to your Gatka teacher, and be brave. Otherwise you will never learn!
Video: Learn Gatka step-by-step: Basic Pentra (Lesson 1)
What Happens When Metastatic Breast Cancer Spreads to Your Bones
Two-a-Day Workout Plans for Fitness and Weight Loss
The Best Way to Oil Paint
The Perfect Makeup Look for Every Zodiac Sign
Hiking Trails Near Me: Day Hikes With The Best Views
How to Negotiate Your Way to a Golden Parachute
7 Neck Stretches You Should Do—Even If Your Neck Feels Fine
Olivia Palermo Wore the White Zara Suit Everyones After
Go Trendy with The Bridal Collection from Tarun Tahiliani
Hip Replacement Surgery: Planning for Recovery
How to Love from Afar
Iskra Lawrence Received a Death Threat From a Terrifying Internet Troll
It’s official – Selfridges is the world’s best department store